Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Thanks Aunt Di

I just have to say a great big THANK YOU to my sister-in-law for the gift she gave my son tonight. She brought him a bug house. Sounds innocent enough until I tell you what just happened in my house. Let me set the scene for you.

Husband: Sleeping soundly in our bedroom
Daughter: Sleeping soundly in her bedroom
Son: Sleeping soundly in his bedroom (or so I thought)
Me: Playing on the computer

As I'm writing my last post my son comes tip-toeing down the hallway and says "It's ok, I've almost caught all of them" Alarm bells instantly go off as I realize my 3 year old son has released all the lightening bugs that he and his cousins caught & put in the bug house that his Aunt Di bought him 3 hours ago!!!!!!! I go into my bedroom to try and wake my husband with a shrill "He let the bugs out!" I'm greeted with a mumbled "Damnit" as he rolls back over to sleep. So off I go into the chaos of a toddlers bedroom and begin trying to catch all the recently freed bugs to the cheers of my son saying "It's ok Mom, that one can sleep in my bed." It took every ounce of patience I had not to scream at him "What the hell were you thinking opening that up in my house!!!" Thankfully I was able to maintain my cool and I am happy to report that they have all been captured and placed safely back into their temporary home. At least that is what I'm telling myself!

1 comment:

Scott said...

I'm sure this was frustrating, but it makes for a REALLY cute story. :)