Monday, June 18, 2007

Help Wanted

I hate looking for a job. When I was hired at my last job I swore I would never look for another job again, yet here I am 5 years later unemployed. I've had a job since I was 16 years old, but not now. I'm on month five of not having to drive to work 5 days a week. I should say that I'm not sitting around on the couch watching TV all day. I've got my 3 year old and 5 month old keeping me far busier than I ever thought possible.

I had planned on going back to work after a 12-week maternity leave. But when the time came I realized I couldn't go back to working up to 60 hours a week, missing bed time at least three nights a week, and traveling all over SW Missouri.

I've been on several interviews but so far no job offers. It's actually become a bit of a joke. Up to now I had never been on a job interview where I wasn't offered the job. It sure is a blow to the ego though when you continue to hear "You were an excellent candidate, however we are unable to make you a job offer at this time. We will keep your resume on file for 1 year and if another position becomes available please consider applying."

My very first job was at Waffle House. I was a waitress and I loved it. It was much more fun to work when you weren't working to pay the mortgage. I guess I could always go back there. I still remember how to call in the orders:

Waffle

1 sasage

2 hasbrowns scattered, make one smothered and covered


I have another interview tomorrow. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Wish we had something here for you, but you have a lot to offer and I'm positive you'll find something great.

bri77 said...

Staying at home with 2 kids is more exhausting that any job! Something will come along that feels just right for you-just hang in there!