Monday, July 2, 2007

bits of news

I look forward to reading the Springfield News-Leader every morning. I sit down with my glass of OJ and try to read the entire paper before I do anything else. My favorite parts of the paper are the Ozarks Voices section and the comics. My favorite comic is "For Better or Worse" I get really wrapped up in the storylines. I read somewhere that Lynn Johnston, the creator of that strip, is actually about to retire. I hope it isn't any time soon because I'll really miss the Patterson family. On a related note, I also read that Captain America was killed. I have to admit I only learned who Captain America was recently due to a Spiderman and Friends game that my son has, but I was sad to learn that a superhero named for our county died. It's seems that far too many of our nation's heros are meeting an untimely death.

No comments: