Saturday, July 21, 2007

sappy mother moment

Yesterday as my daughter, Emie, and I were leaving the mall she opened her mouth really wide and laughed and I saw a tiny white spot on her gums. Upon further inspection I discovered her first tooth! I was so excited and she looked so cute! But then as I got in the car to drive home I became an emotional wreck! It's amazing how such a small milestone can conjure up such strong feelings and thoughts of how my little girl is growing up and isn't a tiny baby anymore. I was a teary-eyed mess all the way home. Time goes by so quickly and my children are growing up way too fast. My son is almost 4 and is ready to start school. He asks me questions about school all the time. "Mommy, what will I need to pack in my back-pack to take to school?" "Mommy, what if I forget to bring something? Will the teacher help me?"
Thankfully he won't be going until he is 6 so I have two more years to prepare for that. I've always been a fairly emotional person, but since becoming a mother I cry over everything! Those Johnson and Johnson commercials that show cute little babies and say "Having a baby changes everything" are so true. Having children does change everything, they change everything for the better.

No comments: