Monday, September 24, 2007

Quality child care???

I start my full-time temporary job in just a few weeks and I'm feeling very stressed! Not about the job, but about child care. I've been so lucky that family has watched Emie (& Max when he's not in pre-school) while I've subbed. But that has only been one or two days a week. Once I'm working Monday-Friday and actually required to be there I know that I need more reliable care for them both. Max will start going to pre-school 3 days a week instead of 2 and Bob will have to start taking his day off on Thursday and my parents will watch Max on Tuesday so he's taken care of, but that leaves Emie. She'll be 9 months old when I start working and I really hoped that my mother-in-law would split the time with my mom at least until January, but I don't think that is going to work out. So I've started the search for child care and it is so scary! I've called the lady who watched Max for me to see if she might have an opening and hopefully that will work out. Eventhough I do trust her and she did so great with Max I still hate the idea. Emie goes to bed about 7:30 each night and wakes up about 7 each morning. Once I'm working I'll be lucky to spend 3 hours with her during the work week. That absolutely kills me! Max stays up later but not by much so I'll maybe have 4 hours with him. I know tons of moms do this, I did it with Max but it makes me so sad to think of leaving them again. I just need to look at the positives of it. Max is doing so great at pre-school. His teachers are amazing and he has learned so much in a very short time. I know that Em will like being around other kids, she loves Max and it'll be fun for her to have other little girls to play with.
On to other news, Emie is now crawling. She can't go forward yet but she goes backwards anywhere she wants to go. It's very cute! Max thinks it's so funny to crawl with her and that usually ticks her off pretty good. We are getting ready for a trip to Ohio in two weeks. That should be an interesting drive with both kids. We are leaving in the evening so hopefully they will sleep most of the time. It should be a lot of fun. It's our first official vacation as a family of 4, thankfully it's only for a long weekend!

1 comment:

Scott said...

The Hospital offers daycare for employees. I don't know any details, but it's something you may want to look into!